Saturday, June 18, 2016

STACKING THE SHELVES (80): THE BOOKOUTLET HAUL EDITION P1.

Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews that showcases newly acquired books or goodies we bought, received or borrowed during the week.
This is the first successful order I had from BookOutlet. Guys, it's a savings serial killer! Books are cheap there and when I say cheap, like, seventy to ninety something percent cheap! And as you know this person right here *points to me* is a hardbound fan, BO is the best place to be. The first time I ordered was on a sale period so I ordered a bunch of books. Well, I hoarded books. Thanks to Eunice of Nerdy Talks for teaching me how to order from there.

My first failed attempt was last year, I think? Then tried again this March, I settled the shipping payment April and got my very first BookOutlet package just after a little over a month! I was screaming, shaking and flailing like crazy when I got it! It was the best feeling ever!


So how did I order? I just created BookOutlet and LBC Shipping Cart accounts. Shipping Cart will then provide you a US address (their warehouse's) and that's what you'd use as your shipping address on BO. You need to have a valid credit card and just setup your billing address then viola! WELCOME TO THE BLACK HOLE THAT IS BOOKOUTLET! Oh, for cheaper shipping costs from US to PH, use Sea Cargo. And try to ship as much books as you can so the shipping price from LBC can be maximized. It might take a while but IT IS OH SO FUCKING WORTH IT!!

The total costs of all my orders are beyond my allotted book budget for the entire year but if you think about it and start calculating it against the SRP of each book, guys, I saved half of the total. So you go now, you do the math.

And here's the first batch of books I ordered. Brace for impact because a few more are on their way! (I'll post Part 2 of this next week.)


BOUGHT: (All from BookOutlet)
🔼 P.S. I Still Love You (To All the Boys I've Loved Before #2) by Jenny Han
🔼 Vortex (Tempest #2) by Julie Cross
🔼 The Winner's Crime (The Winner's Trilogy #2) by Marie Rutkoski
🔼 We All Looked Up by Tommy Wallach
🔼 I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson
🔼 Golden Son (Red Rising #2) by Pierce Brown
🔼 Sempre (Sempre #1) by J.M. Darhower
🔼 Sempre: Redemption (Sempre #2) by J.M. Darhower

Thank you again, Eunice, Book Outlet and Shipping Cart! What did you get this week, guys?

37 comments:

  1. Amazing! I'm so glad you got to order from Book Outlet. Am sure the costs are hella worth the amount you pay when they have a sale :) *cheers*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you went through quite a process to get those books! I loved P.S. I Still Love You. Do you know that Jenny Han has recently said that she WILL write a thrid book in the series? Awesome! I also just bought I'll Give You The Sun. I think Jandy Neslon lives in my area, so I attended an book signing and got her to authograph my book! She was super nice. Have a fun time reading your books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was because Book Outlet doesn't ship to our country but it was all worth it! I haven't read PS but enjoyed To All The Boys. Yes, I do know there would be a third book and lucky you for having Jandy near you!

      Delete
  3. So many pretties! :-) I hope that you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BO is awesome, and I usually shop there when I'm looking to complete a series that I already the first book of. I love the super cheap prices! Hope you enjoy all of these!

    My STS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Book Outlet is awesome. I hope you love all of your new books this week.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good deal. It's ok to splurge one in awhile. (we're all enablers here lol)

    My Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I splurge more than once in a while I gotta stop bahaha

      Delete
  7. Congratulations on working that out and getting such a great book haul.

    My Sunday Summary

    ReplyDelete
  8. BookOutlet is my saving grace a lot of the times! I love it. Congrats on the haul! Enjoy :-) Here's my StS if you'd like to stop by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's always been a problem for me to order books online because I don't have a credit card and my parents don't own one too. I can only order books online whenever I won in giveaways. I heard about Book Outlet before but because of my said problem, I can only stare at the website wistfully. But a friend told me that you can also order books from Book Outlet by just paying someone to do it for you. She even recommended someone so now I'm saving up for it. :))

    Anyway, I love your haul, Kate. *stares at Sempre*

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been meaning to order from Book Outlet for soooo long now but a.) they don't ship to the Philippines, and b.) I don't have a credit card of my own and my parents won't let me use theirs. This is a wonderful haul, Kate! I'm looking forward to more though *wink*.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! how much did you pay for the shipping?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi! Been meaning to order from BO too. already set up an account in LBC shipping cart. I also have a CC. Now my prob is the billing address, there's no 'Philippines' on the dropdown box for country. Help please... How'd you do it? Did you use a diff country?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They don't ship to the Philippines so I don't think it will be in the drop down. Use another billing address from another country. :)

      Delete
    2. Yup, yung sa shipping address I used the shipping cart address. Yung sa billing address, I can use the same? Kahit CC ko here from Pinas? Sorry I'm confused huhu. And super thanks for the quick reply!

      Delete
  13. Hi! How long did it take for them to deliver you items via SEA CARGO? (From time Amazon/BookOutlet delivers it to their warehouse and the time it gets delivered to you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It should be indicated once you pay for the shipping fee.

      Delete
  14. Use a different billing address other than your Shipping Cart Address and PH address. Yup, I used East West cc.

    ReplyDelete
  15. hi. how did you set up the billing address? I mean, if you use your East West card (I also have one), will it not create a conflict since the address listed in your bank account details is from Philippines? It would be a great help if you can guide us. I've been dying to order from BO but to no avail because I get stuck with the billing address. They don't even accept a PH Paypal account too :( Can you just pick a random US billing address?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Try using a billing address from somewhere in Asia, like Korea or Singapore 😊

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi. Even if you don't live there po? Hindi po siya mage error with your bank account details? Sorry po sa follow-up questions, medyo nalilito pa rin po ako :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, trust me, i've done it 6x. 😊 BO wont let you checkout your books if your billing address is set to a place they don't ship. No it wont conflict 😁

      Delete
    2. Meaning to say, if you are going to use Shipping Cart, use that address for the shipping, another address for billing, again like in Singapore or Korea. East west should not have issues with it kasi Billing statement mo lang naman from BO ung papadala dun ☺️

      Delete
    3. oh I see po. Pwede pong malaman saan kayo naghanap ng valid address for Singapore or Korea? I mean, baka po kasi may specific site kayo kung saan nakakuha kayo ng billing address, or pwede i Google lang kahit saan? XD

      Delete
    4. Girl, that's illegal. I have sibs in other countries.

      Delete
    5. I see. yun nga po yung kina clarify ko kung is it okay to use a virtual address or random address, or kailangan real talaga kasi hindi ko alam ang kalakaran, esp if it involves other countries. I guess I'll contact my friend sa SG and ask for her help :) Thanks!

      Delete
    6. That's my girl! ☺️ SG address should work! Good luck and Happy hoarding! I hope I helped ❤️

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...