Wednesday, June 8, 2016

WAITING ON WEDNESDAY (54): HEARTLESS BY MARISSA MEYER.

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine that highlights our much anticipated books.

Expected Publication Date:November 8th 2016
Publisher:Feiwel and Friends
Add to Goodreads

Catherine may be one of the most desired girls in Wonderland, and a favorite of the yet-unmarried King of Hearts, but her interests lie elsewhere. A talented baker, all she wants is to open a shop with her best friend and supply the Kingdom of Hearts with delectable pastries and confections. But according to her mother, such a goal is unthinkable for the young woman who could be the next Queen.

At a royal ball where Cath is expected to receive the king's marriage proposal, she meets Jest, the handsome and mysterious court joker. For the first time, she feels the pull of true attraction. At the risk of offending the King and infuriating her parents, she and Jest enter into an intense, secret courtship.

Cath is determined to define her own destiny and fall in love on her terms. But in a land thriving with magic, madness, and monsters, fate has other plans.
I read Queen of Hearts a few weeks ago and totally enjoyed it. I easily fall in love with the antagonists and their past (HAVE YOU HEARD OF WARNER AND THE DARKLING?). Reading more about it is something that intrigues me. These novels I find compelling, you know, how deep the root of the evil seeped into the cold hearts of the anti-heroes, how sick their minds are and how like brutal and torturous they could be - because people made them that way! Anyway, Marissa Meyer is kind of hailed as the Queen of Retellings so I would really like to see how she owned this. Also, look at that cover!

What title/s did you pick this week?

21 comments:

  1. I can barely wait for a new Marissa Meyer book.. I WANT IT NOWW !!! Great choice ^^

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for this one...it's still so far away.
    Here is my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited for a new Marissa Meyer book!! I'll admit I had a bit of book envy during BEA and all the bloggers that snagged an advanced copy. Can't wait!!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am seeing this book quite a lot today! Great pick! I can't wait either.
    New Bloglovin' and GFC follower!
    Check out my WoW

    ~Priyanka @ A Booklion's Hideaway

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am soo excited for Heartless! I absolutely loved her Lunar Chronicles series, so I am looking forward to how she tackles handling the antagonist. I'm right there with you about falling in love with antagonists! Here Waiting on Wednesday for the week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only read Cinder and I cannot wait to get my hands on the rest of the series!

      Delete
  6. Great pick! I'm definitely going to check this one out. Hope you enjoy it!

    Renee ~ My Wow

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds fun and I've heard good things about Marissa Meyer's books (she was nearby on a book tour I think last year but I hadn't read anything by her so didn't go) and this one sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like a fun book and is a popular pick this week. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YES!!! Marissa Meyer's work is INCREDIBLE! Plus, I'm HUGE fan of ANYTHING Wonderland so this is a must for me! If you'd like, please stop by and see my brew of WoW . Oh, and I'm a new Bloglovin' and Google follower!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am doing a book tour for Kelly Martin (a friend of mine) and she wrote a book called Heartless. I found Marissa Meyer's book when I was on Amazon looking for a picture of Kelly's and it's been on my TBR ever since :) I can't wait until it comes out :)

    What I'm Waiting For

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...