Saturday, January 14, 2017

ACCUMULATED REVIEW BOOKS.

Obviously, I am cramming. This is what happens when you procrastrinate and let blogging slumps get the best of you. I got a bunch of books for review last year which I dont think I blogged about. I usually take photos of new books I acquired and if I have to make a list for photoshoot, I just check the photo date stamp. However, relying on my cameral roll isn't working at the moment and my memory is such an epic fail it serves no purpose, so it made me lazier. In times like this, my Bullet Journal becomes my one true BFF because I get to flip through my lists of books I read, bought etc easily. I learned my lesson the hard way thus I went back to the best way I would be able to remember: by writing.

The books below are all from last year. Some I think I have blogged about, some I haven't yet. I've read some and DNF-ed 3 big titles. Oops.


GIFTED:
Heartless by Marissa Meyer
Nevernight (The Nevernight Chronicle #1) by Jay Kristoff
Blood of Wonderland (Queen of Hearts Saga #2) by Colleen Oakes
Serenade by Claire Du

FOR REVIEW:
A Torch Against the Night (An Ember in the Ashes #2) by Sabaa Tahir
The Dark Army (The Starblade Chronicles #2) by Joseph Delaney
Poison's Kiss (Poison's Kiss #1) by Breeana Shields I've read this and loveeeed it!
Traitor to the Throne (Rebel of the Sands #2) by Alwyn Hamilton
Because of the Sun by Jenny Torres Sanchez
My Unscripted Life by Lauren Morrill
Saving Red by Sonya Sones
Spare and Found Parts by Sarah Maria Griffin
The Secret Diary of Lydia Bennet by Natasha Farrant
What About Today by Dawn Lanuza A 4-star read!


I am absolutely thrilled to dive into these books! Can I just quit work so I can read all day? (Took me three hours to draft this on my phone 😂)

Thank you to the following: Louisse, JB, Claire, Penguin Random House International, HarperCollins International, Scholastic PH and Anvil Publishing!

24 comments:

  1. AHHH those books look amazing! What a lovely haul :) Hope you enjoy!
    Have a great week ahead :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Rebel of the Sands and I can't wait to read Traitor to the Throne. I read Heartless and I've also been seeing a lot of good things about Poison's Kiss. That snake though...Have fun reading your books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cringe everytime I look at the snake but the story is so so good!

      Delete
  3. Awesome haul, and I hope you'll enjoy them, Kate! I'm curious about the three big titles you DNF'ed... are you going to share?

    Have a fantastic weekend and happy reading.

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I DNF-ed:

      Heartless and Nevernight because I wanted to read them in one sitting so I will def pick them up soon!
      Torch - because I just couldn't connect to it at all and the pacing is dragging

      Oops :)

      Thank you, Lexxie for dropping by!

      Delete
  4. I get lazy too, especially when I'm overwhelmed by looking at my Blog To-Do list. Then I just ignore it and do something totally different :P

    Some of the books you listed are on my TBR list, but before reading Traitor to the Throne I should probably first read Rebel of the Sands.. ;)

    You got a lot of books to review :0 Good luck with those you haven't finished yet :))

    Check out my Stacking The Shelves @ Swissbookworm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will definitely re-read Rebel and I cannot wait, I miss Jinn so much!

      Delete
  5. Great haul! I'm also curious about which big titles you DNF. lol Hope you enjoy the new books you got!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heartless and Nevernight because I wanted to read them in one sitting so I will def pick them up soon!
      Torch - because I just couldn't connect to it at all and the pacing is dragging

      Oops :)

      Delete
  6. That picture is gorgeous and you got some wonderful books!! Definitely devour those, they deserve it!!

    Amber @ Paradise of Pages
    My Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kate! Wow, your bookish photos are A-GAME.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You got some amazing books this week. I hope you love all of them.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is such a pretty stack of books! I can't wait to read Traitor to the Throne. The collector in me reaaaaaally wants that new-cover ARC. ;) I've preordered the book and can't wait to get it in a few months. I hope you enjoy all of your new books!

    Have a lovely weekend, Kate. =)

    Check out my STS post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually still prefer the old covers!

      Thank you for dropping by, Alyssa!

      Delete
  10. You got some amazing books. I would love to not work and 'read all day LOL.

    Megan @reading away the days

    ReplyDelete
  11. Replies
    1. Heartless and Nevernight because I wanted to read them in one sitting so I will def pick them up soon!
      Torch - because I just couldn't connect to it at all and the pacing is dragging

      Oops :)

      Delete
  12. This is such a great haul!! I'm realllyy excited for Poison's Kiss. It sounds downright amazing! Good luck with all your reading. :) Have a great rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...