Monday, August 8, 2016

REVIEW: EVERYTHING, EVERYTHING BY NICOLA YOON.

Title: Everything, Everything
Author: Nicola Yoon
Series: Standalone
Edition: Hardbound
Publication: September 1st 2015 by Delacorte Books for Young Readers
Source: Bought from Fullybooked
Pages: 310
Genre: Young adult, Contemporary, Romance

Synopsis:
My disease is as rare as it is famous. Basically, I’m allergic to the world. I don’t leave my house, have not left my house in seventeen years. The only people I ever see are my mom and my nurse, Carla.

But then one day, a moving truck arrives next door. I look out my window, and I see him. He’s tall, lean and wearing all black—black T-shirt, black jeans, black sneakers, and a black knit cap that covers his hair completely. He catches me looking and stares at me. I stare right back. His name is Olly.

Maybe we can’t predict the future, but we can predict some things. For example, I am certainly going to fall in love with Olly. It’s almost certainly going to be a disaster.

PURCHASE THE BOOK HERE:

I flew in and finished reading Everything, Everything in I think four hours and this is definitely one of the best reading records I have jotted in. It was an easy read. I may not have loved it as much as I wanted to, I didn't hate it either but just quite enjoyed the novel overall.

The first half of it felt sci-fi-ish and very similar [feel] to The Fault in the Stars and honestly, that kind of felt off for me. I was expecting something unfamiliar and yet, I knew I've read this kind of premise before. I was also weirded out by the fact that Maddie was "imprisoned" for 18 years and she never tried to go out? Like ever? Like, she has unlimited access to the internet and knowing how social media can influence teens, she never thought, OR DARED, or like, not even once, to go out? Then all it took for her to come running out that door is a.. love interest? LIKE, WTF? REALLY NOOOOOOOW? And then Hawaii happened and that's all it took for her to risk her life, a guy? I mean, I totally appreciate that someone's presence in her life shook the sense out of her but come on now, no, girl! NO. YOU SHOULD HAVE GONE OUT FOR YOU AND NOT FOR ANYONE ELSE.

Anyway, I really enjoyed reading this one because of the cute doodles and illustration. I am currently into Bullet Journaling so imagine how much I loved the journal entries. I mostly loved Maddie and Carla. Maddie is totally relatable in most parts and she makes you swoon with her. All those butterflies in the stomach feels every time she sees Olly I giggle! And Carla is such an amazing mother. Totally opposite of Maddie's mom. Like, what the hell, Maddie's mom is scary! It is so heartbreaking to know she took 18 years from Maddie when her own daughter could have enjoyed life more but naaah, she totally faked it. I understand she's sick and all but gaaaaad, she's a doctor so she could have seen the symptoms of her own misery. I dunno really but I think she should have.

Everything, Everything isn't everything to me but as I have said, I still enjoyed it. Totally heartbreaking and absolutely a story you can learn from. Too much love can kill you song is underrated, legitly.


"You're not living if you're not regretting."
"Spoiler alert: Love is worth everything. Everything."

2 comments:

  1. Love your review! This book is very high on my TBR and hopefully I'll enjoy reading it <3

    http://laxsourire.blogspot.my

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...