Monday, August 29, 2016

REVIEW: IT ENDS WITH US BY COLLEEN HOOVER.

Title: It Ends with Us
Author: Colleen Hoover
Series: Standalone
Edition: Paperback
Publication: August 2nd 2016 by Atria Books
Source: Bought from Fullybooked
Pages: 384
Genre: Adult, Romance

Synopsis:
Sometimes it is the one who loves you who hurts you the most.

Lily hasn’t always had it easy, but that’s never stopped her from working hard for the life she wants. She’s come a long way from the small town in Maine where she grew up—she graduated from college, moved to Boston, and started her own business. So when she feels a spark with a gorgeous neurosurgeon named Ryle Kincaid, everything in Lily’s life suddenly seems almost too good to be true.

Ryle is assertive, stubborn, maybe even a little arrogant. He’s also sensitive, brilliant, and has a total soft spot for Lily. And the way he looks in scrubs certainly doesn’t hurt. Lily can’t get him out of her head. But Ryle’s complete aversion to relationships is disturbing. Even as Lily finds herself becoming the exception to his “no dating” rule, she can’t help but wonder what made him that way in the first place.

As questions about her new relationship overwhelm her, so do thoughts of Atlas Corrigan—her first love and a link to the past she left behind. He was her kindred spirit, her protector. When Atlas suddenly reappears, everything Lily has built with Ryle is threatened.

With this bold and deeply personal novel, Colleen Hoover delivers a heart-wrenching story that breaks exciting new ground for her as a writer. Combining a captivating romance with a cast of all-too-human characters, It Ends With Us is an unforgettable tale of love that comes at the ultimate price.

PURCHASE THE BOOK HERE:

Yeah, Colleen Hoover was born to just continously break my heart and rip my soul. (I can't really dissect this book for my review because my feels are messy and I can't get Ellen Degeneres out of my head)

It Ends With Us is another Hoover book that again, took me by surprise. Well, I know that it would surprise me but I just didn't know how, if that makes sense. It was so moving I felt my bones quiver. I haven't read something like this before (really, am serious) and I was absolutely touched and empowered by what Colleen experienced and wrote.

The majority of feels I felt all thoughout is sadness. Yes, I did hurt for the characters but the sadness took over my emotions. Aside from this entire thing is based on CoHo's experience, there are others out there who suffers from domestic violence. Not just women but men as well. It saddens me because no one deserves to be treated this way and that lives take such a different turn if this terrible thing is witnessed from a young age. I can't understand it, I don't want to and I will never be able to. But one this It Ends With Us made me grasp is why people stay in destructive relationships such as this. It never justified the why but it made me see it from a point of view that I can understand.

I kind of expected that this story is going to have a happy ending. I wish all the time that CoHo's book would have a much realistic ending but this one is an exemption. The ending is just hopeful if perfect and I adore our women in this story for empowering others and by standing up to their choices.

It Ends With Us is such a moving story. Gripping and taunting, this novel will surely render you emotionally disabled, maybe for the rest of your reading life.

"There is no such thing as bad people. We're all just people who sometimes do bad things"
"All humans make mistakes. What determines a person's character aren't the mistakes we make. It's how we take those mistakes and turn them into lessons rather than excuses."
"Life is a funny thing. We only get so many years to live it, so we have to do everything we can to make sure those years are as full as they can be. We shouldn't waste time on things that might happen someday, or maybe even never."
"Just because someone hurts you doesn't mean you can simply stop loving them. It's not a person's actions that hurt the most. It's the love. If there was no love attached to the action, the pain would be a little easier to bear."

2 comments:

  1. Love love love your review, and I couldn't agree more. Sigh. This book is beyond beautiful with sensible message to us all. I'm still trying to get over it. Haha.

    http://laxsourire.blogspot.my

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...