Thursday, August 24, 2017

BOOKISH HAVEN: THE BOOK STOP IN BGC.


Ever since I heard of The Book Stop PH Project, I couldn't get it off my head. As a bookworm myself, checking out a pop-up library locally is a a must-do. I think that projects like this would not only be beneficial to sharing the love for books but also for those people who wanted to get a headstart in to reading. I am all for this! So last Sunday, August 20, after one hundred years of putting it off, I have finally visited the one in BCG with bookish friends.


It wasn't the number one agenda of that day but we happen to be within the area and decided to drop by. It was both exciting and saddening at the same time. Saddening in a sense that it was raining that week so some books got wet, some parts of the pop-up library were damaged and it wasn't as pleasing to the eye as I expected it would be, at that time. The books were so disorganized and it was a truly heartbreaking view for someone with slight OCD like me. But my excitement exceeded the sadness because BOOKS ARE SO ACCESSIBLE AND YOU HAVE TO DO IS TO LEAVE A BOOK SO YOU CAN TAKE ONE! OR YOU COULD JUST DONATE!! I have few boxes of extra books at home that I don't have plans on reading anymore so The Book Stop Shop is the best place to donate books to!

L-R: JM from The Book Freak Revelations, Me, Hazel from Stay Bookish and Eunice from The Nerdy Talks Book Blog
Most of the books I saw from the shop were self-help books and few classics. But my friend Eunice spotted some YA titles from the same shop but during their stop in Ayala Triangle. I am planning on going back and bringing a box of YA books so I am hoping my schedule would free up some time in the next coming weeks. You could also donate and drop by! You can follow them on their Facebook page and get updates on their next stops!


WHAT DO YOU THINK OF PROJECTS LIKE THIS? SHOULD WE HAVE MORE AROUND?

4 comments:

  1. This sounds like such a lovely project! I don't think we have them in Switzerland though, 'cause I've never heard of something like this (but that doesn't actually mean we don't have them, I mostly don't get the info about this stuff anyways :/). ^^ I would definitely have a few books to donate to such a great cause too :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True. I am so happy we have something like this here. I hope you get to spot one there! (if not, go start a small one perhaps! :) )

      Delete
  2. Ooh, I never knew we have something like this in the Philippines. Thanks for blogging about it. Will definitely visit in the future. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...