Tuesday, August 1, 2017

THE BREAKER OF CHAINS IS COMING.


How to even start this without getting too excited? I don't know really. There's no intro beautiful enough that could do justice to how much joy I am feeling right now. *shakes head* No, there isn't. Words will never be enough for something as huge as this.


If you have been following me on Twitter for quite some time now, you would know how much I loved Red Rising and Golden Son. *starts getting nervous* There was so much shouting and pleading for help in the course of the my reading. Both books were insanely good. *starts crying* Right then, all I ever wished for was to meet him.

As if the heavens heard me (us, I know heehee), here I am now, typing this blog post. The stars have aligned for this to happen, not just to me but to his Filipino fans.

AND IT IS FINALLY GOING TO FUCKING HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!! (!!!!!!!!!!!!)

I wish I could post the video of me stealthily taken by my brother. This video contains tears, squeals, flails and some more inhuman noise I wasn't expecting I was capable of creating. It was when I was told that he will be visiting. Just to give you an idea, you may want to check out my ridiculously loud thread: Click Me

Grabbed from NBS' Facebook Page
OH-MY-GODDDDDD!!!!!!!!

Pierce will have a signing event here in Manila this August. It is for The Philippine Readers and Writers Festival on the 25th to 27th! I don't have the full details yet but watch his and National Bookstore's pages for more info. Schedules should be announced soon! You can also check the events' FB Page!

I have been pushing this book to people since 2014 and if you aren't convinced enough, here are my reviews:

4 stars for Red Rising
"Red Rising is absolutely heart-racing, hair-raising and mind-blowing take on a very cruel sci-fi world. It speaks a language so uniquely and tells a story so admirably. Holding distinct characters as its strength, it doesn't stop there. Love, revenge, and freedom are cooking in such impeccable way that tasting Red Rising would have you begging for more."
8 stars for Golden Son
"Intoxicating and nerve-wracking, Golden Son brings full blast of action and suspense that will leave you grasping for air. With a remarkable plot and shocking ending, Book 3 couldn't be here fast enough. It holds love, loss and vengeance in its center that if this incredibly phenomenal sequel will not break you, I don't know what else will."
SEE YOU SOON, PIERCE BROWN!!! AND THANK YOU NATIONAL BOOKSTORE FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY!!! AAAAAHHHHH!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...