Wednesday, July 12, 2017

REVIEW: FALL LIKE RAIN BY ANA TEJANO.

Title: Fall Like Rain
Author: Ana Tejano
Series: Standalone
Edition: Paperback
Publication: September 29th 2014 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform
Source: Bought from the author
Pages: 164
Genre: New Adult, Romance

Synopsis:

Rain De Castro has been in love with her best friend, Mark Velasco, for almost the entire time she has known him, but she's clearly in the friend zone because he's happily in a relationship. Or so she thought, until the news of his break-up reaches her. Now that Mark's single again, she decides that it's time to get out of the zone. But when her cousin Lissa comes into the picture and sets her eyes on Mark, Rain feels troubled when he gets a little too friendly with her. Rain is determined to fight for what she feels this time, but is it worth the effort if it's a losing battle from the start? Will she back off to give way for her best friend's happiness, even if it means losing him to someone else again?

PURCHASE THE BOOK HERE:

THAT ONE STORY THAT MADE ME WANNA GET DRUNK.. TO KILL THE FEELINGS.. BECAUSE THEY ARE ALL OVER THE PLACE.. AND IT FUCKING STINGS TOO MUCH...

So ummmm. Man, this is heavy (for me, at least). I'm sobbing so hard right now because this book is my story. I wish I wrote this but thankfully Ana did because I just got no writing talents. Oh, gosh, I'm trashed. This story is so freaking familiar I wanted to change Rain's name to Kate. I looooooved it. I'm so disgustingly incoherent right now omgggggg what am I even trying to say

*inhales, exhales*

Fall Like Rain is a book that made me feel waves of emotions that were all too familiar to me: dancing around a feeling I have been trying to deny to myself, reading too much into simple things, at war with myself all the time, weighing two sides of a story to justify a certain action, jealousy, disappointment, expectations and a lot more. After reading this, it felt as if I was drowning with my own feelings. Like I said, I wanted a drink after I read this. It's so SO real to me because this is MY experience. Ana, what are you doing to me? My heart is so fragile stop breaking it (also don't stop?).

I related so much to Rain and Mark's story because six or seven years ago, I was in the same exact place as Rain. Holding everything back to save a friendship that is too important to me is one of the hardest things I ever had to endure. OMG I can go oooooon about this but no, I won't. #SoMuchHugot There's really this magic in the way Ana writes and I think I've said that over and over but you can't go and be wrong when it comes to Ana's books.

This is the ending I have hoped for myself. Only it didn't happen. Ouch HAHA. Thereby the slight bitterness and the reason for the tsunami tears.

Fall like Rain is an amazing take on how fate finds ways to connect hearts that are meant to be. It's a story of uncertainty and dispair turned to happy the-best-thing-ever and it-is-finally-happening moments.

"Because you're here and I don't have to look for you anymore."
"But what if this doesn’t work out?" I asked, my voice cracking a little. "What if he still doesn’t choose me?"
"Only best friends can keep this dancing game on for so long."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...