Wednesday, July 26, 2017

REVIEW: ALWAYS AND FOREVER, LARA JEAN BY JENNY HAN.

Title: Always and Forever, Lara Jean
Author: Jenny Han
Series: To All the Boys I've Loved Before #3
Edition: Hardbound
Publication: May 2nd 2017 by Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
Source: Bought from National Bookstore
Pages: 336
Genre: Contemporary, Realistic Fiction, Romance, Chick-Lit

Synopsis:
Lara Jean’s letter-writing days aren’t over in this surprise follow-up to the New York Times bestselling To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before and P.S. I Still Love You.

Lara Jean is having the best senior year a girl could ever hope for. She is head over heels in love with her boyfriend, Peter; her dad’s finally getting remarried to their next door neighbor, Ms. Rothschild; and Margot’s coming home for the summer just in time for the wedding.

But change is looming on the horizon. And while Lara Jean is having fun and keeping busy helping plan her father’s wedding, she can’t ignore the big life decisions she has to make. Most pressingly, where she wants to go to college and what that means for her relationship with Peter. She watched her sister Margot go through these growing pains. Now Lara Jean’s the one who’ll be graduating high school and leaving for college and leaving her family—and possibly the boy she loves—behind.

When your heart and your head are saying two different things, which one should you listen to?

PURCHASE THE BOOK HERE:

Always and Forever, Lara Jean is a suprise follow-up book for the To All the Boys I've Loved Before series. It wasn't supposed to come out but Jenny Han loves her readers she gifted us another one that we will treasure forever. However, I think PS was the perfect ending.

I am thankful that I get to spend so much time with Peter K in this book and we get to see old characters again. But since I marathon-ed the books, the gap between PS and Always is so obvious I felt like I was reading a totally different series. I felt it. And half of the book kind of dragged for me. It was just so fortunate that Peter K's retorts made me laugh and love him even more.

The last seventy pages shattered me. I wasn't expecting it to be this raw and I felt so much pain for myself and for Peter. He didn't deserve that treatment, no he did not. He's worth it too just like Lara Jean and I couldn't help but shed a tear or two because damn heartache is real.

Also, I am going to miss Stormy.

Always and Forever, Lara Jean is best read if you miss the characters so badly. This series just became one of my favorite series of all time and thank you, Jenny for making me love the entire cast even more. Bittersweet ending, I know I wouldn't be able to say goodbye just yet. I keep making up stories in my head because I NEED A BOOK IN PETER K'S POV!


Other posts you might also want to check out:
"Peter will love Lara Jean with all his heart, always"
"Pack light and figure the rest out as you go."
"I guess that's part of growing up, too--saying goodbye to the things you used to love."

6 comments:

  1. Awesome review, Kate! I'm still not over this book. It's an amazing conclusion to the trilogy and I'm going to miss LJ and PK. They're so adorable together. (T_T)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read the first two books last month in two days, I swear I´m not exaggerating, I basically didn´t sleep lol! These books are perfect, cute and swoony <3 Peter K will always be in my heart forever, even after sometimes where I found myself saying "SERIOUSLY PETER?!" But he's... well he´s Peter K ;D I have the last book but I don´t want to read it yet I AM NOT READY TO READ THE LAST PAGE LOL Great review =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...