Tuesday, May 29, 2012

REVIEW: DELIRIUM BY LAUREN OLIVER.

Title: Delirium
Author: Lauren Oliver
Series: Delirium #1
Edition: Paperback
Publication: February 3, 2011 by HarperTeen
Source: Bought
Pages: 441
Genre: Dystopia, Romance

Synopsis:

Ninety-five days, and then I’ll be safe.
I wonder whether the procedure will hurt.
I want to get it over with.
It’s hard to be patient.
It’s hard not to be afraid while I’m still uncured, though so far the deliria hasn’t touched me yet.
Still, I worry.
They say that in the old days, love drove people to madness.
The deadliest of all deadly things: It kills you both when you have it and when you don’t.

PURCHASE THE BOOK HERE:


It took me almost two weeks to finish this not because it is not good or boring; it was just because I have been way too busy. Okay. Another dystopian setting where Amor Deliria Nervosa or what we all know as LOVE is considered pandemic and can only be cured once your done with the procedure. Its funny because HOW CAN LOVE BE A DISEASE and it was just (for me) one of a kind plot line. I adore Lena and Hana's friendship and how the love story evolved. It was really such a good read!


"I guess that’s just part of loving people: You have to give things up. Sometimes you even have to give them up."
"It's so strange how life works: You want something and you wait and wait and feel like it's taking forever to come. Then it happens and it's over and all you want to do is curl back up in that moment before things changed."
"Hate isn’t the most dangerous thing, he’d said. Indifference is."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...