Tuesday, May 29, 2012

REVIEW: PANDEMONIUM BY LAUREN OLIVER.

Title: Pandemonium
Author: Lauren Oliver
Series: Delirium #2
Edition: Paperback
Publication: February 28, 2012 by HarperTeen
Source: Gifted
Pages: 375
Genre: Dystopia, Romance

Synopsis:

I’m pushing aside
the memory of my nightmare,
pushing aside thoughts of Alex,
pushing aside thoughts of Hana
and my old school,
push,
push,
push,
like Raven taught me to do.
The old life is dead.
But the old Lena is dead too.
I buried her.
I left her beyond a fence,
behind a wall of smoke and flame.

Lauren Oliver delivers an electrifying follow-up to her acclaimed New York Times bestseller, Delirium. This riveting, brilliant novel crackles with the fire of fierce defiance, forbidden romance, and the sparks of a revolution about to ignite.

PURCHASE THE BOOK HERE:

Finally!! After 3 weeks of not being able to even TOUCH a book, here I am, making a REVIEW! Thank God for rest days! HAHAHA! I didn't do anything productive at all today because I promised that I would spend it with one of my babies! I finished Pandemonium today, I even skipped jogging for this!

Now onto the review. I am quite satisfied with this book. Lauren Oliver focused here on the resistance's ability to sustain those in the Wilds and how LOSS made the characters strong enough to fight for freedom. Lena's character evolved into a fighter and though she's faced tough times and a lot of life and death situations, SHE DID NOT FORGET WHO SHE REALLY WANTED TO BE. The book also involves a lot of action with just enough drama to make it exciting! The twists and turns of the story is just phenomenal that I really couldn't put it down! Unpredictable yet awesome plot line and honestly, after Harry Potter, I have never been so thrilled when it comes to endings! The timing is just so right that I stomped my foot and exclaimed CLIFFHANGERRRR ♥

"Sometimes I feel like if you just watch things, just sit still and let the world exist in front of you - sometimes I swear that just for a second time freezes and the world pauses in its tilt. Just for a second. And if you somehow found a way to live in that second, then you would live forever."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...